Name:

I was previously a constitutional law and civil rights litigator and am now a journalist. I am the author of three New York Times bestselling books -- "How Would a Patriot Act" (a critique of Bush executive power theories), "Tragic Legacy" (documenting the Bush legacy), and With Liberty and Justice for Some (critiquing America's two-tiered justice system and the collapse of the rule of law for its political and financial elites). My fifth book - No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA and the US Surveillance State - will be released on April 29, 2014 by Holt/Metropolitan.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Blogging today

(update)

My field trip to Washington has come to an end and I'm going to be travelling for a good part of the day back home. As a result, it is unlikely that I'll be able to post further today, including the post I am working on regarding the possibilities for the future path of the NSA scandal (I will probably be able to post that only tomorrow).

Regular blogging will resume tomorrow.

UPDATE: As some of you likely know, I did not appear on NPR today to debate the Powerline adult who calls himself "The Rocket" due to a miscommunication (on the part of NPR's producers) over whether the appearance was confirmed (it was). My regret at not being able to appear on NPR generally today is vastly outweight by my regret at not being able to pose the questions I had ready for The Rocket who, among his other intellectually dishonest attributes, almost always refuses to engage criticism of the arguments he advances on his blog. He wouldn't have had that evasive prerogative on the NPR debate. I hope that whoever replaced me was sufficiently aware of how fundamentally false the Rocket's legal defense is of the President's warrantless eavesdropping, and how corrupt the Rocket undoubtedly was in advocating those defenses.

My Ecosystem Details